SUMMARY OF THE
Complaint Process at LP Financial Planning Services Ltd.:
- A complaint is received. If the complaint is a verbal one, the Chief Compliance Officer works with the parties involved to get the pertinent details in writing so the complaint can be addressed properly.
- LP Financial Planning Services Ltd. provides an initial written response within five business days of receiving the complaint.
- We review the client’s file, make copies of the relevant documents, interview the advisor/representative, and request a written summary of events from the representative.
- A meeting is called with the compliance committee to review the documents and to request any additional information from the representative. The compliance committee consists of compliance officials, board members and advisor representatives.
- Following the meeting and review, a formal response complete with recommendations to address the complaint (if any) is prepared and sent out by mail to the complainant. This response is sent out to the complainant normally within four to six weeks of receiving the initial LP Financial Planning Services Ltd. response.
- If the actions of the representative warrant internal sanctions, settlements, or other forms of disciplinary actions, they are applied, and the appropriate regulatory bodies are informed.